It is a type of therapy used to replace, control or prevent loss of fluid and ultimately dehydration. It’s mostly used in the case of diarrhea, moderate vomiting, and high or prolong fever which can both alter the fluid balance in our body.
We are often advised by Doctors “Take plenty of water.” But when we get sick we suffered from mild to moderate physical and mental impairment one of the most obvious alterations in our body, is the fluid. As we already know living thing are all made up fluid say, blood as an example.
ORAL REHYDRATION SOLUTION
This is a simple fluid replacement used commonly in the case of diarrhea, cholera and so on. It was one of the olden day’s treatment originated on most saying, from India. Initially, rock water, cereal broths, and coconut milk were used.
LET’S MAKE A HOMEMADE ORS.
Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) is simple to prepare. And this article considers the simplest way of preparing a homemade ORS. Let’s go!
- Clean water.
- Two clean containers.
- Measure and pour 1L (One liter) water into the clean container. Or using a cup-tea pour 5 times into the container each cup shall have 200 ml capacity.
- Add one teaspoon of SALT into the water.
- Add eight teaspoon of SUGAR into the water
- Now, WATER+SALT+SUGAR. Stir well.
- A simple oral rehydration solution is made. Drink regularly
- Use a cover to close.
Cereal-based (85 – 80g)
Cooked rice 80 g
Salt (NaCl) 5 g
|Standard Estimated Contents||Measures|